The Professional Referrals Organization (PRO) is one of York Region’s most progressive business referral groups.
Our member’s drive from Sharon, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket and beyond to pass leads and referrals, build their businesses, and share in the wisdom of a professional community of entrepreneurs.
The membership of PRO is made up of individuals representing different categories of businesses in York Region. Only one member per category can join – however, we are always looking for new members to round out our already active and thriving organization.
For information about how to join PRO, or to sample one of our breakfast meetings, please click here!
We meet every Friday over breakfast at the Stellar Hall, on Stellar Drive in Newmarket (see map). We get together from 8:45 until 10:30 a.m., and the first 15 minutes are reserved for networking among the members and guests.
Make sure you talk to one of our Exec or Members before attending our meeting to avoid any category conflicts!
Helping Entrepreneurs Succeed with Business Referrals
How does the Professional Referrals Organization work?
It’s really pretty simple.
Each Friday we arrive between 8:45 and 9:00 a.m. to network with the other business owners in the group. Then we eat breakfast.
When breakfast is done we each take 60 seconds to tell the other business members what types of leads and referrals we’re looking for to build our businesses.
Then we go around the room and explain what we’ve done for the other business members in the room during the past week. These are called our ‘I Have’s’ and you must have at least one each week. There are 5 different types of ‘I Have’s':
1. A business referral that generates income for another member;
2. A testimonial about your experience with another member’s business;
3. A guest from a non-competing category;
4. A PRO Meet. A PRO Meet is when you meet with another member of the group outside of the Friday meeting to discuss how you can help build each other’s businesses. A lot of referrals are created this way; and
5. A gift when all else fails. We know how hard it can be for entrepreneurs to come up with a solid business referral every week so we’ve made it as easy as possible to be a contributing member of the group. There aren’t a lot of gifts contributed but it’s good to know that it’s there as a fall back for people when they’ve had an off week.
We meet once per week, market to each other and then pass our ‘I Have’s’.
It sounds simple, but it’s very effective. Over the years that PRO has been around, we’ve passed hundreds of thousands dollars worth of business to each other and helped create dozens of successful small businesses.
If you’re an entrepreneur of a micro- or small-business, contact us today to see if PRO has an opening for your business.